Friday, November 27, 2009

Holiday update

Wow it has been over a year since I have even updated this blasted thing.
Well tonight I made some progress. I sat down and re-wrote the timeline for the first two books This was to ensure that I not have events overlapping and in one unfortunate scenario I had one of my supporting characters in two places at once... he's not magic and has no way to do that. That was annoying, re doing the timeline was a bit tedious but has re-invigorated my interest in writing and giving this story to the world.

To be perfectly honest, I have had a bit of a block when it comes to book 2. Books, 1,3 and 4 I have always known how things were to transpire -- book 2 has always been a bit of a mystery. I was also unable to form a playlist to listen to for book 2. Recently I heard the right combo of songs that made me start thinking of what songs fit with what I know happens in book 2. As I started putting this together everything started to fall into place and I suddenly started seeing my characters in scenes I had never seen before.

Once I had this I was able to write out the timeline for book to in sequence with book one. I feel much better about book 2 and think that now that I am progressing past this block, I will finally be able to finish book one (which is actually quite far along and mostly just needs some finishing touches).

I hope to have more good news soon

2 comments:

Justin W said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Justin W said...

woo! can't wait