Monday, November 30, 2009

Woo hoo second update in two days!

Ok, so last night I sat down with my MacBook and my working copy of my books and began to pick up after a fastforward. I cued up book four and started with chapter one. Before I finished reading page one, I was grunting in frustration. Originally... or perhaps the second go 'round, I intended to have a gap of time pass between the end of book 3 and beginning of book 4. What I had written around chapter one, (the prolog and notes written to continue chapter 1 as well as other book notes) begin within hours of the end of book 3. After spending some times rewriting chapter one, I have merged the two lines into one. Parts of what was written actually fits perfectly into the time line and allows me a way to progress the story line and recap book 3 in away I never realized. However one of the major events which I had at one time planned for book for has now been pushed to book five or six -- however now it will no longer happen in time and will be recounted as a flashback only. The time progression will take place as more originally expected between books 4 and 5.

More to come....

2 comments:

Justin W said...

I'm glad that you are making progress :)
...not so glad about the non-existent flash back, though...

druid628 said...

yeah, I was not too enthused about having to make it a flashback. I was thinking about it a little more last night and started playing with the idea of making the epilogue of book four a wrap-up and fast-forward hitting a few key moments between the end of four and beginning of five.

I am starting to like this idea more and more. I've got an idea how to make it happen. We'll have to see.